Monday, April 4, 2011

Dyeing

I've been doing the challenges at http://www.3creativestudios.com/  This month it is Shibori.This one was stitched first. It had the red areas on it to begin with and lots of white background.

Folding and dipping created this pattern-my least favorite way.

This one I twisted until it turned back on itself, then put dye on it.

Lastly, the fabric was wrapped around a PVC pipe and scrunched together before dyeing.

I like the effect of Shibori and will be doing more of it.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

Some very interesting results. Looks like you've been having fun!

liniecat said...

Love that first one, such a rich colour too.

Doreen G said...

Great samples Sandy.

michelle said...

These turned out fabulous still have to try this for myself !

Anonymous said...

love that first one Sandy, great imagery on that.

Barbara said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!!