Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quilt

This week's quilt for http://www.3creativestudios.com/ starts with a sample I did on stripped pieced fabric. The flower was made by using a stencil and molding paste. When dry, I painted the small piece.The turquoise is a marbled scrap; the background green, hand dyed.  I machine stitched the velvet leaves on, and edged the quilt by zigzagging a yarn around the outside.

It's turning out to be satisfying to use up my little samples. There's quite a pile still left. Every time I open a container to find something, I find more samples! I do like to try techniques and save all the trials.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Very pretty piece, especially the center focal and the leaves. Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

wonderful!

Robin Mac said...

I love the colours too - your quilts are always so attractive. Have a happy Easter. Cheers