Friday, May 8, 2009

Message, gifts

I usually don't put much personal stuff on my blog but decided that the message was too important to hide behind privacy. People know your own bodies, and if something is not right, go find out about it. I've just had surgery for an ovarian tumor that was just starting to change but not yet cancer, so the surgery took care of it. Now there is a blood test ca-125 that is a cancer marker like the PSA is in men, so it is much more detectable before it's too late. I'm fine and recovering very quickly thanks to being fit to begin with. It's just slow and driving me nuts not to be able to do much. However, it's nice for DH to wait on me. Dale of www.thethreadstudio.com had a giveaway on her blog of 60 things for her birthday. It was just after I learned of my problem but before I knew what was going on, so it was an incredible lift to win it and the above quiltie to cheer me on. I sat in the hospital bed and kept going through everything planning on what to do with it. Thank you for being there Dale, and giving me something to look forward to.
This is just some of what came.

Here's some more, but there is twice as much as I've shown-perfect!


15 comments:

Maggi said...

Sandy, so glad that you are OK. A timely reminder for us to listen to what our bodies are telling us. Have lots of fun playing with Dale's stuff.

Vicki W said...

Sandy, I'm so happy to hear that you are OK and recovering!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy. You SHOULD put more personal stuff on your blog. You know how supportive we bloggers can be!

I see you commenting on other blogs and I follow yours. So even though I don't know you, I am so happy that you are well and recouperating.

Boy, you got a really nice gift from Dale. You are going to have a lot of fun putting it to use.

I love the Quilty. So cool.

Jackie said...

I am glad you are back and the procedure was a success.
The quilt is beautiful, lucky you.

Digitalgran said...

I'm so glad you are going to be OK!
What good timing that was to get Dale's givaway and of course she couldn't have sent it to a better home. We all know it will be used and pretty soon too I think.
Take care and enjoy DH's attention.

Art4Sol said...

So glad you're on the mend and thanks for mentioning that test...good info to have.
Also that was a perfect gift from DH; I'm sure it helped to keep your mind on other things. And I take it that is a photo of another one of your beauties. You do wonderful work...a wonderful person.

Anonymous said...

I too am very happy that you're okay and doing well! That package from Dale is amazing!

Unknown said...

Sandy, so glad the treatment went well, take time to recover and pamper yourself.
What wonderful timing for Dale's parcel, knowing you every last item will be used :)

Doreen G said...

Take care Sandy and lap up the attention from DH.
Love your winnings.

Downunderdale said...

Sandy - lovely to hear that you are on the up and I hope to see some more wonderful creations - it was a pleasure to have my son choose your name out of the 'hat'

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Sandy!
I am sending tons of healing vibes - I'm glad you are okay!

pam T said...

Oh Sandy!!!! Yes you definitely SHOULD keep putting personal stuff on your blog, I can personally testify to the WONDERFUL support, and usually MUCH NEEDED support I have received from our cyber-world friends, INCLUDING All the support YOU have shown me. I am so very glad they caught your ovarian tumor in time. I agree, we do need to listen to our bodies and alert someone when something is not right. Even telling a friend helps, because then that friend will kick you in the butt to go get it checked out! lol.... Anyway. I love your work, all of it, you have such a gift for color....
Feel better soon, let hubby serve you in any way he can, and have a wonderful Mother's Day too.

abeadlady said...

So glad to hear you are all right. Don't ever hesitate to share with us. After all, we are put here to help each other.
Lucky you to win the prize from Dale.
Take care,

Val said...

So glad to hear you are back home and doing so well Sandy. Make sure you wallow in all the spoiling that comes you way!! Fab giveaway from Dale - couldn't have come at a better time. Take it easy now.....

Sue Krekorian said...

Lots of love and hugs to you, and hoping you make a rapid and uneventful recovery.