Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quilt

This is the first piece I've finished since the surgery. I'd pieced it before, so I would have some hand sewing to do while I sat around-not an easy thing for me to do. I was going to call it Recovery, but my friend has Recovery 1 and 2 from after her back surgery. Given the technique used, I think it will become Scratching the Surface. Any ideas friends?

The main part is a monoprint that I did on a glass plate by scratching into the paint with one of those grooved tools from the hardware store. I cut it into 3 pieces and used a hand dyed fat quarter than I bought somewhere. It seemed to need beads-doesn't everything? Then I couched metallic threads down and finally machine quilted it.

9 comments:

abeadlady said...

That is a winner for sure, Sandy. Very nice technique.

Doreen G said...

I love it Sandy and I think "Scratching the Surface"is a great name for it.

Marty S said...

Oh, very cool! I've read about this monoprint technique, and now you've inspired me to try it.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Anonymous said...

I think this is gorgeous Sandy! Scratching the surface sounds like a great name for it to me.

Val said...

Hi Sandy - Gorgeous quilt - love the pale green colour.... Scratching the Surface is just perfect!

Digitalgran said...

It's a very successful piece sandy. I think you can call it 'Recovered'.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

My first impression was looking through a window...

Beautiful!

Micki said...

Wonderful piece.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Looks great Sandy!
I thought window too.