Monday, January 14, 2013

Quilt

Here's the detail of an experiment I tried. I decided to use a Batik and then arrange and couch a satin cord on it to create a scene for the glass cabochon I'd done. The cord was whimpy, so I hand embroidered the chain stitch on each side. Once I'd stitched on the cab and added beads around it, it wasn't important enough, so the lines of beads came next.

It just wanted simple quilting and borders. Now blogger wants me to load photos from Picasa, so I have to move them there before putting them on my blog. Of course, it's sideways! Oh well, life's too short to worry about these things.

5 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

This is quite lovely. Is that what is happening with blogger? Why can't I just upload from my computer? I'm thinking about moving over to wordpress. several people have done it and really like it. blogger is getting more persnickety every day!

McIrish Annie said...

Sandy I found this solution on a blog but it still requires uploading to picaasa web albums. I hope they change things back soon. Hope this helps.
Click on the Add Photo icon, click on From this blog and a line of writing appears at the top with a link to Picasa web albums. Click on it and Upload is a button at the top. You can now upload lots of photos at once from your computer and name the folder so you will know where to find them. Then when you want to add them to your post, click on From Picasa Web Albums and choose the folder your photos are in and add them like you used to do it. I add them one at a time and enlarge and move them with the left orientation and then choose my font and size and type my words. Then I move the cursor down a line and add another photo and repeat.

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous quilt Sandy!

Laurence Martin said...

Another gorgeous and inspiring art work!

Suztats said...

My first look, and I thought you'd created a wonderful octopus!