Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fiberactions quilt

This time for the Fiberactions-link at right-challenge, we were to use at least 10 colors.  Years ago with a partner I had a business marbling fabric for garments to sell in galleries. We marbled rayon and silk mostly. The rayon scraps are in this quilt. I put iron on interfacing behind them then stripped them together rather randomly. When the challenge was posted, these seemed to be a good starting point. I added the vertical bands of blue cotton. The diagonal ones were already in the strips.
The quilting is by machine and rather basic, since the fabric themselves are so busy.

1 comment:

Linda Stokes said...

Very striking Sandy! Love your Kantha piece from a previous post too.