Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quilt

This is the latest piece I quilted. The fabrics are all hand dyes. I still have a big collection, although I haven't dyed in years.

This time I decided it was time to try something besides lines. I used a template to draw around a leaf shape then used that flexible ruler to draw the lines and loops between the leaves.  It's the ruler that is now available in the quilting section of the fabric stores. Mine was bought when the only place you could get something like that was the drafting section. Check that section next time you are in a store-neat things.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog and especially to those who comment. Now with the two words to type in to prove you're not a robot, it's a lot more trouble. I tend to have trouble with some of the letters. They look like several possibilities.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Love the colours Sandy.
I hate that new 2 word thing on blogger--if I get it right the first time it's ok if I don't then I give up.

Linda said...

Great colours Sandy, and lovely quilt. I love your quilting too. I seem to remember having one of those flexible rulers here - a legacy from my boys' Uni Engineering days!! I must fish it out. Officeworks is my first port of call when in the big smoke again!! Thank you too for taking an interest in my life and stitching. Cheers. I find myself paying much better attention to the distorted letters these days!!!!!!!

Gina said...

Beautiful quilt - colors design and quilting! I like those flexible rulers; I use one in the sewing room and in my clay studio.

I too have troubles with some of those letters in 'prove you're not a robot'! It has caused me to leave fewer comments in blogland.

Anonymous said...

what a great quilt this is - makes me think of eating watermelon on a hot summer day.