Friday, June 3, 2011

The necklace I posted on May 23 appealed to Ann at http://quilttilyouwilt.blogspot.com/ , so we did a swap and this is what she sent.
Sequin fabric, bias silk ribbon, yarn, lace, clock parts backed by a silk scarf.
More lace, Japanese fabrics, silk, and those cool needlelace flowers.

 Fabrics, especially the purple.

Hand dyes, beads, leaves.

I was overwhelmed and am going to have so much fun using everything. I love bits and pieces. What is it about getting something from someone else that is so much more exciting than buying something?  The anticipation, the seeing things in a new way, having things you don't normally think of. It really gets my muse going. Thank you Ann.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot of fun stuff!

McIrish Annie said...

So glad it reached you safely. one gal's junk is another gal's treasures. I know you will go some great stuff with my stuff!

Val said...

Wow Sandy! That was a fantastic swap - lucky you.