Monday, January 11, 2010

Challenge

Every Sunday a Cue word is posted on http://www.threecreativestudios.com/  I've joined the challenge and thought that I would just do a design in my sketch book. The first one was East which I pictured as an embellished word. Then suddenly I found I was thinking Orient and the fabrics my DIL sent for Christmas. I used two of them and some black cotton to make the wall hanging. It needed the black piping to divide the center from the very busy, wonky check. Both fabrics are heavier than the usual silk which is why I used cotton with them. I know some people were waiting to see what I would do with the fabrics, so here is the first piece.


This week's word is Heel. It ended up as the drawing. It's fun to play with letters to see what kind of a design results. With all the straight lines in this one, it seemed natural to join them.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Bead Journal Project. It's been a good group for me. This is the third year and third different type of thing that I am exploring.

4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

That's certainly a fun way to play with "heel". Thanks for participating Sandy!

Anonymous said...

The wall hanging is stunning, and what a fun idea to be prompted to create by just one word. It takes a good imagination!

Anonymous said...

cool way to interpret heel!

Val said...

Lovely way to use some of those fabrics Sandy - looks beautiful.