Friday, January 8, 2010

Bead Journal Project

I've joined the Bead Journal Project again and am on the 3rd blog http://evenmorebjp3.blogspot.com/  There are so many members that we need 3 blogs! The website is http://www.beadjournalproject.com/  It has all the information on the project and galleries for the first two years.

This piece is about 6 inches square. I've decided that this year the backgrounds would be felted wool with rovings embellished into them. Then I used metallic thread to quilt it and beads to embellish. Each will have a focal object-one of those things that I just had to have but haven't used. This one is Mother of Pearl that just happened to have the hole in it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy this is a stunning piece - I love the color combination. The wavy lines really keep your eyes moving across the piece - nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty, looks watery and peaceful to me!

abeadlady said...

I loooove it, Sandy! So glad you are in BJP again this year.

Marty S said...

Wonderful piece! I like your combination of media.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Sandy, this is lovely! The colors are so deep and rich - they make me want to jump right in!

SandyQuilts said...

WOW

Not I can spend my 'snow' time looking at the previous years. thanks

Vicki W said...

That's really lovely!

Ati said...

Beautiful piece, I just love the colors and the movement in it!

Robin said...

Oooooooh, Sandy!!! This one begs to be touched! Water? Sky with a moon? Lovely stitching and deep, saturated colors... Ah, it makes me happy!

Robin A.

jacqui boyd alden said...

love the simplicity of this design, its perfect

pam T said...

O Sandy, love this. very calm and peaceful, like a pond in a rain forest...

Magpie Sue said...

I bet that felt is heaven to bead on. This turned out beautifully.

Val said...

Beautiful beautiful colours Sandy - wonderful use of the embellisher.