Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fiberactions Quilt

The Fiberactions Challenge this time was to work in a color scheme that takes you out of your comfort zone. Neutral tend not to appeal to me-definitely a color person!

I found the leftover Seminole Patchwork pieces in my stash and decided that they made a good starting point. The African fabric sort of had an Indian feel, so it became part. The rust just had to go in the quilt to spark it up a bit.

Be sure to check out the others on the Fiberactions blog by clicking on the button at the right.

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Sandy. Now this is very interesting. I find that I am not particularly drawn to neutrals (mostly beiges), either. You faced the challenge successfully!
Glad you're taking the TAST. I have to many projects stacked up so I'll just have to live vicariously!
best, nadia