Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sketchbook, Fabric

I've added words and some probably too subtle shading to the leaf page for http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.com/  I rarely use words, so this was new and a fun experience. One thing I'm learning is to keep adding layers to create depth.

This is the first step on my page for the Stratmore free class in journalling. We were to use copies of other journal pages. I tend to just do designs to record possible ideas to expand on.

I did another piece using flour paste resist(1 part flour to 1 part water). I started with a fabric that was painted, but that I didn't care for. The layer of flour was thinner this time, so it would crackle more when dry. Then I put on a wine acrylic paint.

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Great earth sketchbook page, and wonderful resisted fabric, Sandy!

Anonymous said...

love your sketchbook page Sandy and that crackle fabric is great!

Gina said...

I love the words you've added and how you added them! And lovely crackle, I do want to try the flour and paste technique ...someday!