Friday, January 7, 2011

Bead Journal Project, Quilt

http://www.beadjournalproject.com/ is starting it's 4th year. I've been in it from the beginning and really have enjoyed it.
This year I decided to do Crazy Quilt backgrounds after seeing the lovely pieces done by others in past years. January means snow to me, so the piecing is in all whites. The lace and tatting are mostly vintage from my collection. I used stitching on the seam lines then added beads to accent everything.

Thanks to everyone who helped me by critiquing this quilt. I haven't gotten back to it yet but cropped the picture. You were right, the green border was overwhelming.

8 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Just wonderful. I love the all white crazy quilt idea. I also love the way everyone takes this in such different directions.

What is the size of this?

Cyndi L said...

I love your white on white! I'm curious about the size too :-)

Gina said...

I too really like your white on white and the bead work is beautiful!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great idea to do crazy patches!! Your 1st one, of course, is beautiful. It surely would match my weather today!!

Doreen G said...

The crazy block looks wonderful Sandy.
You may remember that I made a book with my 12 TIF crazy quilt blocks and it is a great way to display them.

Robbie said...

Your piece is lovely! And the way you incorporate hand stitching with the beads is nicely done!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

This is just beautiful! I'm in the 2011 one as well, but haven't even started. I'm still behind on 2010, but committed to finishing. I'll try to do the two in tandem. I expece 2011 will be much smaller. LOL!

Raphaela said...

I like your white CQ patch. I think it is a great idea to use it for beading.