Monday, February 8, 2010

Batting

I painted some more batting this time using watercolor paints. I like the intense colors but found that even after heat setting, they are not set. When I wet a corner, the paint bled. I'll have to use them and put a medium or something on top.

It's been so beautiful here-cool but sunny. The dog and I take lots of walks. We met a deer the other day. Jake wanted to run after it, but I said no and held the leash. He just sat down and watched, ears alert. He's as big as I am, so I was happy that he listened. I guess Obedience School all those years ago paid off!

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Man! These colors ARE beautiful and intense! Just gorgeous. If you put medium over it, how will it effect the color?

abeadlady said...

Those colors are absolutely drool-worthy. Too bad they still run. Hope you can figure a way to use them anyway.

Gina said...

More fun painting! I hope using a medium over it will prevent the color from running without losing any of the vibrant colors. What about water-proofing used on shoes?

You and Jake must have done very well in obedience school. Neither of mine would listen to me if they saw a deer. Thank goodness they are much smaller and I can hold on to their leashes tightly.

Anonymous said...

Wow those colors are really spectacular. I have no doubt that if we came across a deer I'd end up being dragged after it at the end of Sherri's leash!