Friday, January 9, 2009

Gifts, Swaps

This year for the Calendar Girls Group http://calendargirls2008.blogspot.com/ we are each picking a calendar photo for one month. This is my version of Jenny's pick of a calendar with the art of Shane Pickett. The background is black wool with needlefelting and silver metallic thread handstitched. He's an artist that was new to me, but I like his work.
Here is my postcard from Lynda http://purplemissus.blogspot.com/. Isn't it wonderful and such a beautiful blue.



And look at what else Lynda sent. Beads-I'm a bead nut-Leaves-one of my favorite things-Velum with words on it-I've been using a lot of that-and foil-the fun stuff. Everything is perfect for what I do. Isn't she great?

5 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Gorgeous gorgeous January postcard Sandy - looks fantastic! Lynda's postcard is beautiful too and what a lovely bunch of extras!

Carol said...

Fabulous postcards Sandy. Lovely extra goodies as well.

Anonymous said...

great stuff Sandy!

Purple Missus said...

Glad you liked the package Sandy.
I just love your latest CG postcard. You have done really well.

Robin said...

I'm going to google Shane Pickett, because your wool needlefelted/metallic calendar page is totally awesome! Yep, Lynda's a keeper!!!

Thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog. Your face always looks familiar... maybe some little part of my brain remembers Portland. Weren't the Embellishment conferences wonderful? I miss them so much.

Robin A.