Friday, April 25, 2014

Art and Soul

 
This was the Japanese Inspired Collage class at Portland's Art and Soul. We made stamps using moldable foam that is heated with a heat gun and impressed on something. Most of found that we like the images better when we stamped them twice using different colored inks.
 
 
We marbled several types of papers with inks. We also painted with watercolors to make flowers and fish to use in the collages. Then we folded origami swans and fans.
 
 
 
This is one of the 8" by 8" collages I did. When I came home, I added the fancy paper clips.


This is the second collage I did adding the gold buttons from my stash. It was a fun class,  and we did get a lot done.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful results Sandy! I especially love that last collage.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Sandy. I'm sighing with envy--lovely projects at Art and Soul and Portland is only my favorite city in the world. Glad to see you had so much fun so creatively!
best, nadia