Monday, May 21, 2012

Knitting

I just finished this vest from an old, old pattern. It uses two threads, each on an alternate row. By working on a circular needles, you just knit one row/one thread, then go back to the beginning and repeat with the other thread. It made the Boucle' go further and really features it. The other yarn was a plain navy one.

It was fun to knit-I like unusual ways of doing things. The closure is a hair ornament the just slides out of my hair, so it's nice to find a use for it. I bought it at a Craft Fair. The model is my dress form.

4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Great vest, Sandy!

liniecat said...

What a great sounding method to knit it! Smashing colourways too.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Sandy, I love this vest!

Linda said...

This vest is lovely Sandy, no wonder you are pleased with it. Great colours, and as you say, an excellent way to extent a pretty yarn.