Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quilt

Here is my motif again in a small hanging. The machine quilting is wavy rows. The green is commercial fabric; the rest hand dyes. I decided to try the block using pieced strips instead of solid strips. It's something I want to try again.

At night after we've worked on the greenhouse, I'm too tired to do much except sew binding, so I get pieces ready to that point and have them waiting for work days. That way I feel like I at least was able to sew a bit.

The greenhouse will be for wintering over pot plants from the porch, starting cutting of plants, and starting vegetables in the spring. My husband was so frustrated with our wet spring when he couldn't garden. Once the garden finally was growing, the deer managed to get around the 8ft. fence and more or less mowed it. I've gotten some radishes, a handful of broccoli, and a few spinach leaves for salad.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Very pretty, Sandy! I especially like the contrasting quilting thread on the darker fabrics. Good luck with the greenhouse, sounds like a good plan!

Cate Rose said...

Awesome, Sandy. Wonderful quilt pattern, one of the best IMO!

Anonymous said...

Sandy that is a very cool quilt!