Monday, May 16, 2011

Quilt

The Fiberactions word this time is Embellish-one of my faavorite things. Click the button at the right to see the other pieces.


To me Embellish means over the top using lots of techniques together, so I felted the center rectangle then beaded it with pearls. I've collected pearls for a long time, but this is the first time I've actually used them, so that was good. They show up more than other types of beads.

The stripped piece is the leftovers from another quilt(still have more). The piece is machine quilted with the edge made by zigzagging a yarn to it. I always go around with the yarn at least twice, so it looks fuller.

 Here is the detail.

2 comments:

Suztats said...

I love this! The colours seem to shimmer with the heat.Very Hot.

Doreen G said...

Nice design Sandy.