Monday, September 20, 2010

Felt

I'm glad people liked my story in the last post. Thanks for commenting. I seem to have to learn everything the hard way. It was a great help when I was teaching-had already made all the mistakes and could help students with a solution.
This piece started as a felted background to which I addeded three pieces left from making ATC's. The pieces are scraps bonded to felt and heavily machined to hold them in place. The edge seemed raw, so I couched a flat braid on it by hand then stitched a frame of chain stitches in a heavy metallic thread. The space between cried out for beads. Alternating bugles and seed beads are attached with back stitch. It was relaxing to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous piece Sandy. This is so rich and elegant, just gorgeous.

Blue Creek Home said...

I'm glad you came by!
I love these peices - I've done similar things but yours looks much better!
Rhonda

Linda’s Textiles said...

It does look very rich and sumptuous and I like the flower quilt too - definitely worth the time!