Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Take A Stitch Tuesday, Paint



This week's stitch from Sharonb at http://www.pintangle/ is the Wave Stitch. First I worked it in the tradional way in Perle Cotton 5, then in Ostara decreasing the size of the stitch length, then irregularly in Perle Cotton 8.

I dyed some more thread using Colorhue. This time some greens. I need to do some darker ones and will soon.
There was dye left over, so I used it on some Irish Crochet motifs I made years ago. They will work well with Crazy Quilt.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

The motifs are gorgeous Sandy

Raphaela said...

I like your irregular wave stitch very much.

Evelyn and Lise said...

Your flowers are WONDERFUL. I am just learning to knit but tried to crochet and lefty here is not doing to well. Will look great in your crazy quilting. I also like that irregular stitch. Will have to try that one. Lise