Monday, May 5, 2008

Paint, Take It Further



I finally had a chance to try an idea I've had for a long time using Brusho paints that I got from The Thread Studio http://www.thethreadstudio.com/ in Australia. Using a small spoon that is for embossing powders, I dropped tiny bits of the dry granules onto wet paper. Then I used a foam brush to pull out some of the paint along the outside of my main design. I sure like what happened. Be careful when you try it. A blog is easy to drop and dries without spreading. I had to brush it off another sample but did it over wet paper to get full use of the paint.
Here is my selection for the next Take It Further Challenge organized by Sharonb http://sharonb.wordpress.com As usual I will be doing the color scheme-just not a concept person. This will be a purse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh Sandy that painting is fabulous! Love those colors. I like what you picked out for the TIF too. That's going to be a great purse.

abeadlady said...

What a great backround that would make for a BJP page. Great possibilities there. The colors are gorgeous. Love the colors for the purse. You really seem to be enjoying this class. That's great.

Arline

Anonymous said...

What awonderfull suplly you've got. Exactly the colours and lovely, too. I look forward to your finished purse!