Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TAST, Technique of the Month

This week Sharonb at http://www.pintangle.com/ introduced us to the Portuguese Border Stitch. It's worked on a foundation row of straight stitches and goes wherever you take those stitches. First I worked it traditionally, then curved it and used different colors for the two sides. Next I tried it in a circle to create a flower shape. Then I did just one half of the stitching reversing sides in the middle. I like the curved one best. The technique of the month is painted lace at http://www.threecreativestudios.com/ It's bonded to Tintex to create a piece stiff enough for a cuff which I'm now working on. I used Dynaflow paints and like the effect. I was ambitious and have lots of it left to make a book.

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love the Portuguese Border stitch samples Sandy

Linda’s Textiles said...

Lovely work Sandy!

veena said...

lovely

Walden said...

I like the line of two different blues, creates a lovely effect.

Gina said...

Beautiful Sandy!

Digitalgran said...

Lovely. I haven't visited in a while, bu another week and I should have a little more time to myself :) Thanks for your comments on DG.