Monday, March 29, 2010

Postcard, Lace

http://www.threecreativestudios.com/ has a Technique of the month that they give directions to and then draw for a prize from the people who submit photos of something they have done with that technique. I found this lovely postcard from Vicki for the painted fabric technique. It has fuzzy places, smooth ones and is fun to touch. Thank you Vicki. Not only that, but I've salvaged some ugly fabric by painting over it and creating something usuable.

This month's technique was painted lace that is fused to Tintex. I made a cuff and decorated it with antique buttons. Beads always appear on my work, but I didn't want them to detract from the buttons, so they just echo the path the buttons take.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

The cuff is very cool and I'm glad to see that the card made it through the mail in good shape!

Gina said...

Your cuff is great! You'll have a book from your fabric too?!

Beautiful postcard from Vicki!

Val said...

Lovely card from Vicki Sandy, but I just love your Cuff - gorgeous colours and the little beads are just perfect with the antique buttons. Love your necklace too, lucky you!

Anonymous said...

love the colors in that cuff - beautiful!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Beautiful cuff Sandy!