Monday, March 15, 2010

Fiberactions

This time the challenge word was communications. There is very little direct communication anymore. Most involves a device that has a circuit board, so here is my circuits. The photos were taken by my husband of a board he built for his train set. I transferred them to fabric and fused them to a background.To cover the edges I used antique ribbon to recall the time when we actually talked face to face. Ultrasuede shapes convey the idea to and and nan gates-used in designing circuits. Hanging from below the photos are parts from a circuit board.

I can't fault having that kind of communication-without it I wouldn't have all my cyber friends. Thanks to everyone who reads my blogs and those who take the time to comment. Visit http://fiberactions.blogspot.com/ to see other examples.

2 comments:

Gina said...

What an excellent interpretation for communication!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Interesting piece Sandy - I like the way you've represented different elements of the topic.