Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday

Palestrina Knot is the next stitch from http://pintangle.com  The green is perle cotton #8 done in a regular manner but changing the length of the bite.  Under it, I tried two rows in a curve.  The violet is ribbon floss done randomly.

First the brown was stitched; then the yellow was stitched over it alternating the placing. Finally, I used my fuzzy yarn.

This is a jacket I bought years ago in Santa Barbara when a friend and I went up to shop. It was plain, so I decorated it using my usual method of working on small pieces of felted wool and then applying them to the jacket. 

 To intergrate the pieces, I stitched a row of Palestrina around each of them. The beads were added directly to the jacket.

 It's not a new piece but has lots of Palestrina stitch on it.

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

This stitch has so many faces - just change the thread!
I love the jacket! Well done.

Anonymous said...

That jacket is gorggeous - I'll bet you get a log of compliments when you wear that.