Friday, June 22, 2012

Quilt

This 25" by 35" piece started with the painted darker green fabric. It was so disjointed and ugly that anything had to make it better.  The other fabrics are a red batik, yellow commercial fabric and light green hand dye.

I just started slashing and rejoining things until I had a bunch of units. Then I put them on the design wall to come up with an arrangement I could live with. This is the result. It's machine quilted.

6 comments:

susan christensen said...

Well, it ain't ugly now, Sandy! -sus

Gina said...

What a great way to use up a piece of fabric you wouldn't otherwise use; this turned out great!

Connie Rose said...

Very cool. We're both slicing and dicing these days!

McIrish Annie said...

Way to get rid of some ugly fabric. cool technique and looks like lots of fun.

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Wow sandy, what a fabulous way to transform a piece of fabric you weren't happy with. That is a very cool quilt!

Linda Stokes said...

Love this quilt Sandy!
Thanks for commenting on my blog.