Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday

Cabled Chain is the next stitch from http://pintangle.com  It's a stitch I haven't done before, so the first group is to see how it looked done in a normal way and using Perle Cotton #8 which shows the structure well. It would make a nice filling.

The orange is a heavy perle type thread and needed to be worked larger. The two rows are whipped together with a variegated tan to rust wool thread. The rows could be threaded too, or double whipped and threaded

Next is a thread with fuzzies on it worked randomly.

Finally, I tried changing the scale within the row. I think this is a stitch I'll use more of.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

You have proved that this stitch can look very different with different threads.

Debbie said...

Your experiments came out very nice, Sandy. I wasn't brave enough to go that far!

Linda said...

Great sampling again Sandy. I like this stitch and have used it a few times in the past, although I've yet to do any for this week's challenge. Cheers.

Annet said...

Pretty, I like the last row best!