Monday, June 11, 2012

Bead Journal Project

This is my cuff for June for the Bead Journal Project. The Mother of Pearl tiles were what determined the rest of the design. I decided that even if I hadn't seen regular shapes with irregular pearls, I could use them together. And then also add crystals-something I have lots of and forget to use.

The cuff is felted on a commercial felt background then machine quilted with metallic thread before the beading is done. I like using snaps for the closure, because my wrist is tiny and if I were to give this away, it could be adjusted for other wrists.

4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Love this, Sandy.

Doreen G said...

This is beautiful Sandy.

Unknown said...

These cuffs of yours are really cool, sandy, and make me want to BEAD! -sus

Linda said...

I love it Sandy, cool, sparkly and refreshing. Cheers.