Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fibre and Stitch Challenge




Thank you everyone for commenting and welcoming me to blogland. I'll do individual replies once I get the hang of things. Overwhelmed right now.

I decided to be efficient(lazy) and show the result of the Fibre and Stitch Challenge piece I did. It was great fun and taught me a lot. I'm still exploring ways to join my pieces from the Bead Journal Project work. Books fascinate me, and this seems more like a folding book than a screen to me.

When we moved west from New York City when I was a child, all we brought with besides clothes was a sewing machine and books. I guess that explains me.

9 comments:

Judy Rys said...

Wow, that's a lot of beads. Glad you started a blog.

Doreen G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doreen G said...

That was me who deleted the message Sandy--I was trying to say that this looked great but my fingers were trying to say something else.

Purple Missus said...

I really envy you the patience to stitch all those beads Sandy - I would have given up long before compeletion. Well done.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Sandy - congratulations on starting a blog! I look forward to visiting here often and getting to know you through Calendar Girls!

Carol said...

Hi Sandy,

Your beadwork is stunning. I really must get a move on with my BJP work.

Joanna said...

Hi Sandy, great start to your blog! Bead work is really lovely. I admire all the work you did in your composition.

Joanna

Lisa said...

I think that's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing...
L

Digitalgran said...

That is really wonderful Sandy and a great idea for the screen.