Friday, December 14, 2007

Blue Glue


Judy of Color My World blog had a post about using Elmer's Blue Glue with rubber stamps. Her fabrics were wonderful. I decided to give it another try. Years ago we did it but just drew lines with the glue-not to my liking, because they were so bloppy. The old glue was more green now than blue but never letting details stop me when I want to do something, I went ahead with a painted piece of fabric. After the glue dried, I painted with a sponge and 2 colors. When that dried, I did a wash of paint. After it dried and was heat set, I washed it to remove the glue. It's a bit irregular but better than the glue lines. Must buy some new glue.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool! I saw her same post and am planning to try some of that technique this weekend. I had only done it in lines, like you, before.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Sandy!

Judy Rys said...

You're off to a great start. Have fun experimenting!

Elis Cooke said...

the fabric is lovely! I will have to give that a try!

Doreen G said...

It's wonderful Sandy

Carol said...

It looks lovely Sandy. I love the Paisley designs they are my favourite.

Barbara H. said...

Hey Sandy! Remember me from the Ventura County Wearable Art Guild? I was so bummed when you moved away, but I just found you via Judy Rys' blog. I saw Ellen in her new shop recently during an Art Walk, and put photos on my blog. See them here: http://www.xanga.com/weavingtheweb/625350225/ventura-harvest-artwalk.html
Glad to know you are out there still doing your wonderful fiber art! (My last name is different now because I remarried.)

Linda’s Textiles said...

great fabric Sandy!

Digitalgran said...

What a lovely fabric Sandy. Welcome to the club, Blogging is such fun.