Friday, February 24, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday

This week it's Chain Stitch with www.pintangle.com  The stamped image is from a styrofoam plate I made just using a pen. It's a leftover from taking a meal home. I love to reuse rather than throw out things. They are good for experimenting with shapes, because if they don't work out, you really haven't lost anything. The main vein and outside are the chain stitch.

Chain stitch is another regular for Crazy Quilt.

It can be whipped over, threaded, or stitched over an earlier row.

Using unusual threads adds a whole new look.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I like your experiments with the chain stitch. It proves there are different ways to use it. Dianne.

Kathleen said...

Love the way you used with stitch with the leaf. IT's great to try new things. Kathy http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I really like that leaf.

Annet said...

I like your experiments, great leaf and whipping two rows of chains stitches.