Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Purses

One of the charity projects Columbia Fiberarts Guild is doing is to make tote bags for women and children who have to leave an abusive situation with only what they can carry. Here are two of the prints I used to make a bunch of bags. I am so lucky to be in a loving marriage.

On TV Linda McGeehee made this type of bag on a show for Martha Pullen. It was so neat I had to try it. Of course, I didn't decide until I no longer had the show and had to figure out the details on my own. She does have a pattern on her website for sale, but I was sure I could do it. It starts with two long rectangles of fabric with a zipper in each end. Then you fold it not quite in half and put on a strap-cool idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great charity to do some work for and I love the zipper bag - what a cool bag idea that is.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Great charity project! I, too, am so lucky to have found my gentle Ogre.