Monday, February 20, 2012

Quilt

When I worked for Aardvark Adventures in Livermore, California, we carried a kit of papers painted with colors to do transfers of the color to synthetic fabrics. I did the center piece to test it and for a sample to go in the catalog we sent out. I finally finished it into a small quilt.

The flowers are ultrasuede and machine stitched down. The lines have hand stitching that I recently put in to emphasize the bars of color. It's machine quilted.

Sadly, Aardvark is no longer open, as she has moved and gone on to other things. I really learned a lot working there. It was a fun place being surrounded by all the things I wanted to play with. It was mail order before things were available by the internet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great quilt, I really like the color combination.

Linda said...

I think this little quilt is pretty Sandy. You always have a way of inspiring me. I love to see what you've been doing. Thanks so much for making your lovely work available to all. Cheers.

Linda’s Textiles said...

You can't have too many experimental pieces left Sandy - you always make such good use of them!
I like your chain stitching too especially using the different yarns.
Thanks for visiting our new blog.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Sandy. Very interesting idea to use the ultrasuede to add texture. Also liked your purses and your TAST experiments.