Friday, September 9, 2011

Quilt

I kept a decorative tin next to the TV watching area with Ultrasuede, thread, and big sequins in it and stitched, if I "watched" any TV. It ususally puts me to sleep unless I keep busy. It's amazing how much you can get done this way.

I often use the big sequin instead of mirrors to do a form of Shisha, because the weight is less. They also come in lots of colors.

The background is velvet and the threads Perle Cotton and Embroidery floss. It is machine quilted.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

This is so lovely! I get tired and sigh looking at all your lovely embroidery stitching. I'm just not that good at it, but yours is an inspiration!

Carol R. Eaton Designs said...

What a great idea to use sequins and your ready-for-anything approach to having a project nearby.... I see a pattern in how you work!

Anonymous said...

love love love this!