Friday, September 2, 2011

Gifts

Imagine my surprise when the mail carrier left a box for me yesterday from my Daughter-in-law's mother. We have travelled together and exchanged things before, but I certainly didn't expect anything. She lives in San Diego and is the best antique, estate, and garage saler I've ever met.

The pin she said reminded her of me and is perfect. She found it on ebay. I'll wear it to the guild meeting which is on using old linens in our work. It will be on a jacket that is decorated with crochet motifs she also sent me.

These yarns were also in the box and perfect for the felted backgrounds I've been making recently. The green is so soft and will edge the journal quilts. It made my day.

3 comments:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Wonderful gifts - you are lucky.
Great journal quilts too.

Anonymous said...

love that pin!

Barbara said...

An adorable pin, and the yarns have lovely colors! Have fun with both!