Friday, October 23, 2009

Class

This is the other class I took at Art and Soul from Albie Smith. It was called the Infinite Book, because you can keep adding pages to make it as big as you want. Here is the spine with stitching over ribbon.When open, the book fans out in such a fun way.

My friend stitched out a group of butterflies for me. I've been saving them for the perfect place and decided that a couple needed to be put in this book. I hand stitched them in with gold metallic thread. Doesn't this one look like it belongs on the page with the floral and leaf type shapes in the background?
Thanks everyone who commented on Wednesday's quilt. I had been leaning toward the straight stitching, so it was nice to know that you thought so too.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That book is soooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Cool book! Love the way it fans out - would be a great way to display it!