Friday, February 1, 2008

Book



I made the tab book from Issue 2 of Fibre & Stitch www.fibreandstitch.com . First I painted the pages using watercolor pencils, twinkling watercolors, crayons, and anything else I could find. When they dried, I didn't like them, so they sat around for a while, until I decided to do a wash over them with blue ink. It unified them.

The cover has painted tissue paper and machine stitching. The decoration is hot glue that was dropped on a molding mat, painted with acrylic paints, and when dry rubbed with Treasure Gold. The ties are sueded thread. If you make a book, don't pull the ties too tightly. This one is hard to open.

4 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Your tab book is great Sandy. I love the way you've done the suede ties. I'm sure terri will love it.

Elis Cooke said...

great journal! love the colours! namaste Elis.

Terri Stegmiller said...

I LOVE it! I also found out that you can't tie the binding ties too tightly.

Linda’s Textiles said...

It looks great Sandy.