Friday, May 23, 2008

Jewelry

This is the bracelet I made this week. It is based on a design in a book, but I added more stuff-like things more embellished. I used Nymo D again, because I have such a supply of it, and the other bracelets made with it have held together just fine through the years. The popular style of beading thread has changed through the years from fishing line-which deteriorates-to Nymo-first B then D, to Kevlar-which they found is too strong and cuts through the work-to Sylamide to Fireline.

4 comments:

abeadlady said...

I like this one, Sandy. It's a style I enjoy wearing, but don't like to make myself. Isn't that weird? I'm never happy making any kind of fringe. Guess that's why the bead embroidery appeals to me. No fringes. LOL

Arline

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Love these Sandy, you are a clever girl!

Digitalgran said...

This bracelet is a beaut Sandy.