Friday, July 6, 2012

Quilt

This was a challenge. I decided to use some African fabric purchased ages ago on a trip to Houston. The yellow was a dyed fabric that was so whimpy that after the quilt was pieced, I painted in using the floor as a table in the painting studio-overwise known as the downstairs bathroom. At least water is readily available there, and I'm limber enough to work on the floor. It did come out OK, and I like the metallic look to the paint.

The slashed piecing is so wonky that I stayed with that for the border too and machine quilted straight lines to echo that.

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Wow, this one is really unusual. Great job!

Linda said...

And another WOW from me, looks wonderful. I think the 'wonky' suits the African fabric theme quite well. Always great seeing what you've come up with Sandy.