Monday, August 22, 2011

Journal Quilt

This week's Journal Quilt for www.3creativestudios.com is done on a commercial white on white print that I painted over. It's a fun thing to do with surprises when you see what the print does. Next came more of those Ultrasuede spirals I cut years ago. I love using Ultrasuede for applique, as you don't have to turn under the edges which was a problem for me. They are machine stitched with metallic. The machine quilting is in a variegated rayon and echos the spirals. The edges are finished by zigzagging a yarn to them.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

So pretty, and with such perfect echo stitching! My favorite colors too. Lovely, Sandy!

Deborah Levy said...

Love this one Sandy!

Vicki W said...

Oooh! Love that!

Cate Rose said...

Another very cool piece, Sandy!

Suztats said...

Love the subtle shifts in color, and there's so much going on!

Gina said...

This is beautiful Sandy!