Monday, March 7, 2011

Technique of the Month

This month the technique from http://www.3creativestudios.com/  is screen printing. A friend has a Thermofax, so I made this screen from a Dover Art Deco design.

The background fabric is a pink hand dye which was first screened with violet.
The next image was using blue. I like the contrast better.
Each month names are drawn from those submitting an example of the technique. Last month I won one of the prizes-a card from Shelagh Folgate  http://shelaghfolgate.blogspot.com/  It is a blank card with an envelope to send to someone but is much too nice for that. I'll frame it and keep it. She also sent a postcard of her work-all of it tied up in tissue with this ribbon that looks like she either drew or stamped on it-must try that and also use the tissue.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love that screen!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sandy you are THE most amazing fiber artist. I love it that you just try EVERYTHING!

This piece is gorgeous.