Friday, February 4, 2011

Quilt

When http://www.3creativestudios.com/ had a challenge of doing a Journal quilt, I had no idea how it would inspire me to create so many.  Here is the next one.
The flower in the center was a photo that I took of one in our front flower bed and printed on Tyvek. After machining it to the gold felt, I used a heat gun to distress it. Be sure to do it outside with a proper mask, because there are fumes and who knows what's release when plastic is melted.

I layered it on the hot pink hand dyed fabric and then the green and quilted the piece. Trim was used instead of binding. It seemed to need the trim around the gold too.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I love your quilt Sandy, colours are gorgeous. cheers.

Anonymous said...

I love this Sandy. Great combination of colors!