Monday, December 13, 2010

Embroidery

The first year that Sharonb at http://www.pintangle.com/ did the Stitch a Week I didn't join but did work some of the stitches. I've finally made the samples into an accordian fold book. Each page is a different stitch. The background is wool which I love to work on. It is easy to stitch through while being heavy enough to support the stitches. I'm also freer than when working on counted thread fabric.
This side is Cretan Stitch, Pekeinese Stitch, Feather Stitch, and Algerian Eye Stitch.

Here is Fly Stitch, Chevron Stitch, Herringbone, and Buttonhole. The pages are connected using Knotted Cretan as an insertion Stitch. The ends of the thread have paper beads on them that someone sent me. When I saw them in my stash, I knew they were perfect-just wish I could remember who sent them.

4 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I really like how you made it into a book. That is a great idea! I used to do a lot of embroidery. Now just bead embroidery. It is all so addictive and meditative.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wow. Its so impressive on the black. I never thought about stitching on wool, though I have beaded on wool felt. Thanks for the tip on the wool.
Happy Holidays.

Gina said...

What a great way to keep and display your stitches - your own book of stitches! I like how you've done several examples of each stitch, making it a great reference and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

great idea to make them into a book and I love the way they pop off that dark background.