Friday, July 30, 2010

Quilt

I started out to make a hanging for http://fiberactions.blogspot.com/ with the new word Stretch. I had this idea that the pieces in each section would "stretch". Didn't like it.
So I rearranged it. Still didn't like it and now it didn't look like "stretch" to me at all.
OK, so maybe it just needed to be a hanging.  I tested it by folding things to change the size of the strips and then cut all but the smallest in half.Now, we are getting closer.
With the border, I like it. Back to the drawing board for "Stretch".

9 comments:

Connie Rose said...

I love how you resolved this piece Sandy. Look forward to seeing the next attempt at "stretch."

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh I really like this Sandy. The colors and the shapes are really attractive to me.

Deb H said...

Wow! I would say you are stretching just by doing! It looks great!

Gabriela López García said...

Beautiful!!!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Gosh Sandy I love where you ended up with this. What a great piece!

Judy Rys said...

I think the piece is wonderful and your process satisfies the "Stretch" challenge.

Walden said...

Love the colors and the movement!

linda stokes said...

Looks great in the last pic Sandy and interesting to follow the steps you took.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Sandy - thanks for following!
I admire how you take on the challenges to stretch "yourself" let alone what you do with this quilt. Keep going. It's great!
Cheers. Suzy