Friday, July 2, 2010

Jewelry

A While back a good friend gave me this piece of glass that she had created. I tried several beaded straps to make a necklace and even a leather one, but none seemed right. Then I remembered seeing ribbons used in a book on necklaces. Of course then I couldn't find the book and had to just try things until I liked the result.  This has two painted ribbons and a rattail cord. I knotted a regular closure on the ribbon.

I'm taking Christen Brown's Right Angle Weave class at http://www.joggles.com/ , and made this as the first bracelet. It went quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the necklace, the strap perfect. The bracelet is very nice, I'll bet that looks beautiful on the wrist.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Lovely bracelet Sandy and the ribbon looks just right for your glass pendant.