Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quilts










Before Christmas I took a class from http://www.joggles.com/ on using Tyvek and did the above pieces. I didn't realize that I'd scanned the small quilt before I sewed the binding.I've been experimenting some more.

This time I tried flowers but feel that leaves seem more natural for the destructured look. Here is a detail.



Then I printed a photo of a flower in our garden on Tyvek and machined it to felt. I barely hit the iron to it(with parchment paper over it to protect the iron), and this is what happened. I am pleased with this one and have another flower photo ready to stitch.

9 comments:

Marg said...

Oh! This last one (large flower) is stunning! I have been playing with Tyvek too, but am almost afraid of it (the process, that is). Perhaps I'd best take that Joggles class!

abeadlady said...

That flower is a stunner, Sandy. I like all of them, but that one really stands out.

Arline

Guzzisue said...

the flower is brill!! never managed to control tyvwk this well, wonderful effect

Sue B said...

Wow Sandy these are awesome. I love that second one and that flower is amazing!

Carol said...

OOOh! they are gorgeous. I particularly like the last one.

MargaretR said...

Ooh I love that last card. I must have a go soon. You are such an inspiration.

Judy said...

Wow, that flower turned out great. Hard to believe it disintegrated so quickly.

linda stokes said...

All lovely Sandy.The flower turned out especially well.

Homeleightigger said...

You've inspired me Sandy - I am trying the 'flower' technique for your Calendar Girls inspirational pic this month ..... keep your fingers crossed for me! Val