Wednesday, February 27, 2013


This stays in an unfinished state, since I can't think of how I want to finish it. Each section is finished, and I had planned to join them with Knotted Cretan stitch. I arranged them another way and like that better, but it's still not right. They may end up as covers for 4 books.

There's a lot of hand stitching in some of my dyed threads. The circles are sequins. Any ideas?

Monday, February 25, 2013


This is the final block for the Seed Bead Botany class from Nancy Eha at  I don't think there's many spaces I could add more to. I will use what I learned on other things. It was a good class. I keep the background piecing plain and in light colors, so the beads would show better.

Friday, February 22, 2013


I've almost filled my Crazy quilt block with beaded flowers and fruit from Nancy Eha's class at  It's been a  lot of fun and soon I'll take a picture of it to post. Now I need to figure out what to do with the block. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday

I didn't join the challenge at this year but hadn't heard of this stitch and needed to add it to my sampler. It's the Triangular Feather Stitch-a cool looking one. It worked better in the finer threads than the blue knitting worsted.

Today we are married 48 years! When did that happen? I'm not old enough. It's been a good trip.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Class is the host of my class with Nancy Eha. We did berries and grapes as well as the flowers and vines. It's a lot of fun and takes less time than you would think.

Friday, February 15, 2013


I haven't been in the studio much lately, but knitting is easy to carry around. A lady I work out with gave me the pattern. It was short sleeved, but I extended them and reverse the yoke shaping to create the cuffs. The yarn is a wool rayon blend I had and is very soft. The buttons are dyed Mother of Pearl.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


 Here's another flower I beaded for Nancy Eha's class. This is probably my favorite.
The beaded Feather Stitch reminds me of sea weed.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Bead Journal Project

Here is the Bead Journal Project piece for February. The focal piece is a button Sue Bleiweiss made and sent to me. It's beautiful and inspired the hand stitched lines done with perle cotton. I mounted it on two colors of Ultrasuede then beaded on and around each.

Friday, February 8, 2013


I'm taking a class at
 from Nancy Eha called Seed Bead Botany. We are doing flowers and vines.
These are two of the flower examples. It's fun to do.

Thanks to everyone who comments. They mean a lot to me. We've been having a medical "event" with my husband. When I come home from the hospital, tired and stressed, then have to walk and give attention to the 5 month old puppy, it's a real lift to read the comments. He's OK now but more dr. appts. Don't you love it that they call everything an "event" now. Like changing the name is going to make it easier to deal with.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Quite a while ago I made two books from fabrics and laces I'd painted and bonded to Timtex. This is the leftover piece. It's hard to stitch through, but I like to use the rattail cording to make a design.  The circular pieces are beaded separately on Ultrasuede and attach afterwards by hand stitching. I liked the lace hanging over the edge, but two sides were bare and needed the rest of the rattail.
The color on the detail isn't right. The beading is in orange and pink. Trying to change it also changes the background.

Monday, February 4, 2013


This is a bracelet I did after watching the Woven Bracelet class at  The threads are Perle Cotton and cotton that I dyed. I like the slide closure making it easy to take on and off. Also, it fits a variety of wrists. It was my friend's birthday. She wears a lot of read and can't where metal jewelry, so this was perfect.


When I joined Columbia Stitchery Guild in the 70's, they said I needed to make a needlecase, so I did and am still using it. We didn't know much about archival things then and inserted cardboard to make the cases stiff. That's breaking up and crumbling.
Since I enjoy felting and stitching on felt, it seemed like a good project to replace the needlecase. Above is the front.

I lined it with a hand dye-didn't do this piece.

It's hard to see on the off-white pages, but this center one has pockets. The old one doesn't and it's handy to have a place for a needle threader.

Here's the back. I wondered about a closure but decided against it, as the ones I have that tie are a pain to get into. It's 3 1/2 by 5".

Friday, February 1, 2013


This was an experiment done all in hand dyed fabrics. It's 40 by 50" more or less. I wanted to do a piece with an assortment of block sizes. This will probably go to the nursing home as I don't have anything else to do with it.