Monday, February 4, 2013

Needlecase

When I joined Columbia Stitchery Guild in the 70's, they said I needed to make a needlecase, so I did and am still using it. We didn't know much about archival things then and inserted cardboard to make the cases stiff. That's breaking up and crumbling.
 
Since I enjoy felting and stitching on felt, it seemed like a good project to replace the needlecase. Above is the front.

I lined it with a hand dye-didn't do this piece.

It's hard to see on the off-white pages, but this center one has pockets. The old one doesn't and it's handy to have a place for a needle threader.


Here's the back. I wondered about a closure but decided against it, as the ones I have that tie are a pain to get into. It's 3 1/2 by 5".

3 comments:

susan christensen said...

This little case is so pretty it would be a joy to use. Great work Sandy's -sus

Suztats said...

Now it will last for many more years! Love it!

Connie Rose said...

Excellent idea for replacing the case. Looks wonderful as well.