Friday, November 4, 2011

Quilt

Blue Zen started out as a drawn zentangle that I enlarged and transferred to a hand painted cotton. When I enlarge something, I transfer it to fabric by hand stitching with a contrasting thread through the tissue copy. It is more labor intensive, but you don't have to worry about a pencil or pen not coming out of the fabric. Do watch out for the color of thread you use. Once I used a dark green on a light fabric and when pulling out the basting after the stitching was done, it left dye behind. That's the time you get creative to cover the mistake/design challenge up.

Here is a detail. It is hand stitched with Perle Cotton, silk and embroidery floss using Chain and Back Stitches. The sequins are held on with a bead.The quilting is by machine.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Good tip about using colored thread! Beautiful quilts, those in your previous posts too!

Doreen G said...

Love the colours in this one Sandy.

Suztats said...

I was drawn in by the wonderful color, and then mesmerized by the stitching.

Linda said...

Simple and elegant Sandy, and simply elegant is all I can say. The colours are just beautiful. Love the quilting and how it flows. Cheers.

Prasetyo said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

Thanks for share,
* Rio Prasetyo *

Sue Bleiweiss said...

gorgeous!